How do I "place request" on an item?


1. Go to

2. Use the Discover@MSU search box to perform a search.

  • When you find an item that is physically in one of our buildings, it will list a location, call number, and status. Above that, there will be a "Place Request" link.

3. Select the "Place request" link for the item you want.

  • The Place Request screen will show.

4. Select whether you want the first available copy or a specific copy (volume).

5. Choose which library the item should be delivered to.

6. Submit the request.


- Graduate and undergraduate students cannot request items that are in MSU Meyer.

- Faculty and staff can request things.

- Undergraduates, graduates, faculty, and staff can request items from MSU West Plains or Greenwood.

  • Last Updated May 13, 2024
  • Views 0
  • Answered By Jessica Bennett

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0